Children with behavior issues often lack critical social skills and miss important social cues. Our Social Skills Group for children ages 6 to 8 can help. Our child behavior experts guide kids through fun activities to help them explore emotions, friendships, and expected behaviors. Based on the SuperFlex curriculum developed by Michelle Garcia Winner, MA, CCC-SLP, activities focus on helping children interact appropriately with peers.
Concepts covered in the curriculum:
- Social Smarts: The type of “smarts” in our brains that we use whenever we are around other people. Social smarts help our brain to know that others are having thoughts about us and we are having thoughts about them. We use social smarts in school, at home, and EVERYWHERE
- School Smarts: Different types of “smarts” in our brain that we use for school learning.
- Body in the group: Your body is in the group if you are following the group plan..
- Brain in the group: Your brain is in the group when you are paying attention to what is happening in the group.
- Thinking with your eyes: This means that you are using your eyes to look at a person and it makes them feel that you are thinking about what they are saying or doing.
The program is based on the SuperFlex curriculum developed by Michelle Garcia Winner, MA, CCC-SLP.
Provided by: Kristy Zatvornitsky, MSW
Times and Pricing
Tuesday’s Child will be running the following sessions for Friendship Club:
- September 12th- November 28th (No session 10/31, 11/21)
- January 16th- March 20th
- March 27th- June 5th (No Session 4/17)
10 week group Wednesday‘s from 4:30 P.M. to 5:45 P.M.
$600 per child for ten sessions
If you would like to be added to a wait list or to be updated in regards to upcoming sessions please email Stephany at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Register for the 6-8 year old group please click here: