We help parents positively manage their child’s behavior
At Tuesday’s Child, we have invested more than 35 years in equipping parents of challenging children ages six and younger with the skills they need to positively manage their child’s behavior. Although we provide a variety of services, our most life-changing offering is our evidence-based Behavioral Intervention program for challenging children and their parents.
During this 8 to 12 week program, we address a child’s behavior issues from two angles. Our behavior experts and peer mentors equip parents with strategies that can help them regain parental control and build a positive, trusting bond with their child. At the same time, in a nearby classroom, child behavior experts introduce the child to the same techniques in a supportive, play-based environment. After completing the program, parents have the skills to manage their child’s challenging behavior and to coach their son or daughter toward success.
Alumni Success Story
“I didn’t feel like I was in charge anymore. I was always waiting for the next explosion…
It’s not about punishment. It’s about getting children to do the right thing.”
– Denise Frank
12-week Behavioral Intervention Group
(includes full Peer Mentor Parent Training)
8-week Behavioral Intervention Group
Tuesday Afternoons (1p.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
- September 13, 2022 – November 8, 2022
- November 11, 2022 – January 24, 2023 (OFF 11/27, 1/03)
Wednesday Mornings (9:30 a.m. to Noon)
- June 22 , 2022 – August 10, 2022
- September 21, 2022 – November 9, 2022
- November 16, 2022 – January 25, 2023 (OFF 11/23, 12/28, 1/04)
Saturday Mornings (9:30 a.m. to Noon)
- September 10, 2022 – October 29, 2022
- November 12, 2022 – January 28, 2023 (OFF 11/26, 12/24, 12/31, 1/07)
Tuesday’s Child is now offering a half-day “child-only” classroom option. Friday Friends is an 8-week program designed to supplement a child’s preschool through our highly successful positive behavioral intervention curriculum. We focus our intervention on social interaction, group participation, regulation skills and following teacher direction. This classroom will be available to children ages 2 years -6 years. Parents will have access to a Parent Teacher Conference in weeks 6 or 7 to learn about their child’s progress toward goals during their enrollment. Sign up at anytime with the option to re-enroll! An intake is not necessary, simply contact us to enroll: (773) 573-6936
Although Friday Friends is a supplemental program for your child, Tuesday’s Child recommends families to enroll in Behavioral Intervention to fully benefit from our programs.
Friday Mornings (9:30am-Noon)
*Currently not accepting enrollment until Fall 2022
- Check out our Frequently Asked Questions. Get more details about our program >
- Not sure why you were referred? Learn more about what parents can expect >
- Not sure if this program is right for your family? Complete a short survey to find out >
Ready to sign up? Begin the intake process today >
- Executive Director: Dr. Beverly A. Echols – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clinical Psychologists: Dr. Rich Arend – email@example.com
- Dr. Connie Weil – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lead Teacher: Juanita Tullis – email@example.com
- Teaching Staff: Fran Smith – firstname.lastname@example.org
Enrollment Questions? Contact our office at 773.573.6936 or sign up for your intake here! https://tuesdayschildchicago.org/intake-meeting/
Interested in Spanish Behavior Intervention? Click Here!
Interested in Virtual Behavior Intervention? Click Here!
Want to see some outcomes? Check our program’s phenomenal success >
Learn about how Behavioral Intervention may impact your family’s specific challenges: