8-week Behavioral Intervention Program
Now Available Online!
At Tuesday’s Child, we have invested more than 35 years in helping parents of children with challenging behavior, ages six and younger. We equip parents with the skills they need to positively manage their child’s behavior. Although we provide a variety of services, our most life-changing offering is our evidence-based Behavioral Intervention program for children with challenging behavior, and their parents.
Now available online, this 8-week group includes all the behavior management training covered in our in-person groups, including our evidence-based model, individualized guidance from our training team, and peer support.
The program addresses a child’s behavior issues from two angles.
- In each week’s online group discussion, our behavior experts and peer mentors equip parents with strategies that can help them regain parental control and build a positive, trusting bond with their child.
- Separately, our parent trainers will conduct live play observations with you and your child each week. Our team will observe as you and your child interact in play for up to 15 minutes. Immediately afterwards, your trainer will debrief with you to provide feedback and support. This individual, in-the-moment training is designed to support our curriculum with your unique child in your home setting. The trainer also shares observations with the group psychologist in order to better gear feedback in the group and provide appropriate and helpful recommendations at the end of the program that are specifically targeted to meet your family’s needs.
Participants will also have a one-on-one session with our clinical psychologist to discuss their training, progress, and future referrals or next steps.
After 8 weeks, parents have the skills to manage their child’s challenging behavior and to coach their son or daughter toward success.
- Duration: 8-week program. Groups are 1 hour 30 minutes. Child Play Observations are 30 minutes total.
- Providers: Dr. Genevieve Nehrt (Clinical Psychologist), Dr. Connie Weil (Clinical Psychologist), and JoAnne Loper (Director of Parent Training)
- Siblings: Feel free to consult your trainer or discuss with your group how to support a sibling as well.
- Groups will be held on: Wednesday afternoons (2:00 pm – 3:30 pm)
- September 29, 2021 – November 17, 2021
- December 1, 2021 – February 2, 2022 (no group 12/22, 12/29)
- Child Play Observations will be held on:
- Weekdays between 9:30 am – 3:30 pm (TBD)
Need additional dates or times? Please contact us should you have any questions or concerns.
Complete this online form to begin the registration process.
Email our Program Director Rachel Surprenant to learn more about the program.
Please note that all sessions will be first come first serve, and we will do our best to accommodate your preferred group/session times. All paperwork, including consent forms, intake paperwork, and billing information are required PRIOR to the start of your session.
- Tuesday’s Child will continue to run our behavioral intervention group on a sliding scale. Our virtual behavior intervention group will cost HALF of our typical monthly rate. There will be no additional sibling fee at this time.
- All billing will be completed online via Simple Practice. You can access all billing through their Client Portal and will receive invoice notifications via Simple Practice. Just like Tuesday’s Child in-person behavioral intervention services, our online services are not reimbursable by insurance, meaning all services will be listed as self-pay only. All invoices are billed automatically on a monthly basis at your adjusted rate. You will receive a Payment Agreement Form detailing your rate and our payment policies prior to the start of group.