A bilingual, home-based program that encourages appropriate child development
Available Virtually or By Phone!
Tuesday’s Child offers free bilingual home-based child development services to qualifying families with children 36 months or younger, including pregnant mothers.
During each visit, our child behavior expert guides the parent and child through activities that foster appropriate child development. Our parent educators also provide regular assessments to monitor developmental milestones and provide regular referrals and resources to families in need. These free services are available to qualifying low-income families and teenage parents.
Our program aligns with the Parents as Teachers® mission to “promote the optimal early development, learning, and health of children by supporting and engaging their parents and caregivers”.
- Caregiver-child visits two times each month, in-home or virtual
- Monthly parenting group at Tuesday’s Child to introduce community resources or developmentally appropriate topics
- Developmentally appropriate activities for child and caregiver to foster social emotional development and school readiness skills
- Regular monitoring and assessment of developmental milestones
- Assistance with school placement
- Connection with services, as needed, including Early Intervention, medical services, mental health services, social services, legal aid, housing assistance, etc.
The Prevention Initiative Program is currently accepting new families!